Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Xing Xing!

The baby has finally arrived! Xing Xing is the first and only son of Andrew and Stella. They are two of the business partners for the school I teach for, and the only people I can speak english to. It is illegal here to find out the sex of the baby before he/she is born, but they prayed and prayed for a boy, and sure enough ITS A BOY! Xing Xing is what we call him for short because his full name is so long and hard to pronounce. Andrew and Stella asked Erin Tiff and I to give the baby his english name, we chose Aiden. They both loved the name and we were happy to have the honor of picking it! After about a week in the hospital Xing Xing and Stella finally were able to come home. There was a big welcome lunch in their apartment with lots of visitors, some they had not seen in over 5 years. Because each couple is only allowed one child, it is a huge deal when the baby is born. Andrew showed me chinese diapers yesterday, definitely not as modern as the diapers we use in America! It is so fun to see them with Xing Xing, they are both so nervous to be parents but they will do a great job!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Adorable! From what I can see in the pictures, he looks just like his dad. ^_^